Ecto Bodysurfing Handplanes - Metal 9.5" Fly Fish Model
A guide to choosing your handplane
All Ecto Handplanes perform equally well for all ages and abilities.
However they do offer different feelings and advantages in the water
3 key differences between the Ecto Glass 11" and Ecto Wood 11"
Ecto Glass - PU Foam & Fibreglass
• Ultra light PU shaped and glassed with polyester resin (like a surfboard)
• The construction is more buoyant and gives more life than the density of wood
• The extra float in the foam help you slide further when bodysurfing in average
Ecto Wood - Paulownia Wood
• Very durable sustainable Australian grown plantation Paulownia timber.
• Hand shaped to a super thin construction for superior paddling
• Performs well in all waves including large steep hollow barrels.
Ecto Glass - Moderate Rails
• Moderately sharp rail edges that give you hold and control
• Generally more versatile in all conditions.
Ecto Wood - Sharp Rails
• Sharper rail edges that offer extra hold in critical conditions
3. GOPRO MOUNT:
• Built-in GoPro nose plug mount and that provides
• Safe and easy way to attach an action camera to the handplane.
• No GoPro mount due to the ultra-thin design
Each are different so you really have to try each one out for yourself!
We Ship Worldwide!
• All orders are dispatched 1-2 business days from the date of purchase.
• Shipments are from Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays).
• Orders placed on Friday morning or Sat/Sun will be processed on Monday.
• The delivery timeline is provided as reference only.
• Please make sure your shipping information is correct!
• We hold no responsibility for orders that get sent to an incorrect address.
• Orders over $120 - FREE SHIPPING (AusPost Regular allow 3+ business days)
• Orders under $120 - $9.95 (AusPost Regular allow 3+ business days)
• Any order can be shipped for AusPost Express 1-2 business days for $24.95
• Please note any shipping to WA/SA/NT/TAS will take longer
• Orders over $300 AUD - FREE SHIPPING (allow 5+ business days)
• Orders under $300 AUD - $59.95 AUD (allow 5+ business days)
• (USA only) Orders under $300 AUD - $39.95AUD (allow 5+ business days)
• DHL Express International Shipping (allow 3-5 business days)
We advise DHL for customers who need a fast delivery, or
- Live in areas with an unreliable national mail service
- We are able to offer competitive prices.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an exact quote
- We cannot account for delays caused by customs clearance procedures
- You are responsible for any costs incurred for customs in your home country
"An ultra thin heavy barrel hunter!"
Ecto Handplanes - Metal 9.5" Fly Fish Model
The #EctoFlyFish in metal is a compact handplane created from an ultra light rigid sustainable 2mm aluminium. The flyers and fish tail design provides unbeatable paddling freedom within in a highly functional concave design that holds extremely well in critical wave conditions. Ideal for bodysurfers who enjoy smaller handplanes or those who want to experience bodysurfing handplane minimalism where less = more. Please note it's designed to be as a planing surface and does not float. Created in collaboration by Ecto Founder Chris Anderson with Metal Specialist Joel Meuwissen.
• Lightweight, strong and sustainable 2mm aluminium (highly recyclable)
• Sealed with anti-rust paint and a non-slip clear varnish
• Fully adjustable one size fits all comfy 3mm neoprene hand strap system
• Ultra thin design for superior paddling freedom
• Underside concave optimised for maximum speed, lift and hold
• 2mm rolled edge rail to provide maximum hold and safety
• Pure planing surface with a negative buoyancy
Skill / Waves
• Great for any bodysurfer who enjoys a smaller handplane.
• Designed to paddle easily and hold in critical waves
• Optional/Removable wrist leash with adjustable toggle (for kids or big surf)
• Carry bag made from black velour with adjustable drawstring
• Ecto 'BODYSURF' bumper sticker
• Dimensions: ~ 240mm x 175mm x 2mm | 9.5in x 7in x 0.07in
• Weight: ~ 400g | 14oz
Barrel Pig (aka Jake Rosenbrock) on his metal Fly Fish. Photo: Skids Br