Ecto Bodysurfing Handplanes - Glass 11" Ray Collins 'Sunburst' (Ltd Ed.)
A guide to choosing your handplane
All Ecto Handplanes perform equally well for all ages and abilities.
However they do offer different feelings and advantages in the water
3 key differences between the Ecto Glass 11" and Ecto Wood 11"
Ecto Glass - PU Foam & Fibreglass
• Ultra light PU shaped and glassed with polyester resin (like a surfboard)
• The construction is more buoyant and gives more life than the density of wood
• The extra float in the foam help you slide further when bodysurfing in average
Ecto Wood - Paulownia Wood
• Very durable sustainable Australian grown plantation Paulownia timber.
• Hand shaped to a super thin construction for superior paddling
• Performs well in all waves including large steep hollow barrels.
Ecto Glass - Moderate Rails
• Moderately sharp rail edges that give you hold and control
• Generally more versatile in all conditions.
Ecto Wood - Sharp Rails
• Sharper rail edges that offer extra hold in critical conditions
3. GOPRO MOUNT:
• Built-in GoPro nose plug mount and that provides
• Safe and easy way to attach an action camera to the handplane.
• No GoPro mount due to the ultra-thin design
Each are different so you really have to try each one out for yourself!
We Ship Worldwide!
• All orders are dispatched 1-2 business days from the date of purchase.
• Shipments are from Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays).
• Orders placed on Friday morning or Sat/Sun will be processed on Monday.
• The delivery timeline is provided as reference only.
• Please make sure your shipping information is correct!
• We hold no responsibility for orders that get sent to an incorrect address.
• Orders over $120 - FREE SHIPPING (AusPost Regular allow 3+ business days)
• Orders under $120 - $9.95 (AusPost Regular allow 3+ business days)
• Any order can be shipped for AusPost Express 1-2 business days for $24.95
• Please note any shipping to WA/SA/NT/TAS will take longer
• Orders over $300 AUD - FREE SHIPPING (allow 5+ business days)
• Orders under $300 AUD - $59.95 AUD (allow 5+ business days)
• (USA only) Orders under $300 AUD - $39.95AUD (allow 5+ business days)
• DHL Express International Shipping (allow 3-5 business days)
We advise DHL for customers who need a fast delivery, or
- Live in areas with an unreliable national mail service
- We are able to offer competitive prices.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an exact quote
- We cannot account for delays caused by customs clearance procedures
- You are responsible for any costs incurred for customs in your home country
“Bodysurfing means stripping everything back, and being able to ride pure energy vibrations. The drive the Ecto provides while scooping and moulding yourself into the wave is second to none - this handplane helps to be 'in' the wave as much as 'on' the wave.” – Ray Collins
Ecto Handplanes X Ray Collins – Limited Edition ‘Sunburst’ Signature Model
Ecto Handplanes has collaborated with international photographer and bodysurfer Ray Collins to create a limited edition signature model with his stunning well-known photograph Sunburst.
The artwork aims to epitomize the drive and inspiration that Ray and bodysurfers alike share in clambering out of bed in the dark each morning to celebrate the sun rising over the sea in pursuit of waves. The image features as a high quality digital fabric print laid within the durable foam-fibreglass construction and comes with a certificate of authentication hand signed by Ray Collins. Strictly limited edition of 100.
"The essential and versatile all-round barrel seeker!"
Ecto Handplanes - Glass 11" All-Rounder Model
The #EctoGlass is a great all-round handplane made from an ultra light PU foam and fibreglass construction. The award-winning design provides superior lift and speed in all wave conditions from the added buoyancy in the PU foam. The inbuilt FCS GoPro mount on the nose allows you to attach a GoPro on the nose to capture the action from your session. Ideal for bodysurfers of all ages and abilities, whether this is your first handplane or you're a seasoned big wave barrel rider this popular handplane offers both versatility and performance at every level.
• PU foam laminated in durable polyester resin and 4oz fibreglass
• High quality digitally printed polyester fabric inlay artwork
• Built in FCS GoPro nose mount to securely mount an action camera
• Fully adjustable one size fits all comfy 3mm neoprene hand strap system
• Ultra thin and smooth design for superior paddling freedom
• Underside concave optimised for maximum speed, lift and hold
• Nose rocker optimised to reduce spray and increase lift
• Moderate rails to provide maximum hold and control
Skill / Waves
• Perfect all-round handplane shape for any ability or age
• Designed to maximise speed and lift in all wave types and breaks
• The must-have handplane for mounting your action camera
• Optional/Removable wrist leash with adjustable toggle (for kids or big surf)
• Carry bag made from black velour with adjustable drawstring
• Ecto 'BODYSURF' bumper sticker
• Certificate of authentication hand signed by Ray Collins with print #
• International Silver A'Design Award 2015
• Good Design Award Selection 2014
• Sydney Design Award 2013
• Dimensions: ~ 280mm x 190mm x 15mm | 11in x 7.5in x 1in
• Weight: ~ 400g | 14oz
• Volume: ~ 600ml | 20oz
(Top) Ray Collins, limited edition Ecto Handplanes in the sand in Hawaii 2018.
(Above) Ray Collins, Sunburst digital photograph.
See more of Ray's work at: RayCollinsPhoto.com