DaFiN x Brian Keaulana (Makai Blue) - Bodysurfing Swim Fins
A guide to choosing your handplane
All Ecto Handplanes perform equally well for all ages and abilities.
However they do offer different feelings and advantages in the water
3 key differences between the Ecto Glass 11" and Ecto Wood 11"
Ecto Glass - PU Foam & Fibreglass
• Ultra light PU shaped and glassed with polyester resin (like a surfboard)
• The construction is more buoyant and gives more life than the density of wood
• The extra float in the foam help you slide further when bodysurfing in average
Ecto Wood - Paulownia Wood
• Very durable sustainable Australian grown plantation Paulownia timber.
• Hand shaped to a super thin construction for superior paddling
• Performs well in all waves including large steep hollow barrels.
Ecto Glass - Moderate Rails
• Moderately sharp rail edges that give you hold and control
• Generally more versatile in all conditions.
Ecto Wood - Sharp Rails
• Sharper rail edges that offer extra hold in critical conditions
3. GOPRO MOUNT:
• Built-in GoPro nose plug mount and that provides
• Safe and easy way to attach an action camera to the handplane.
• No GoPro mount due to the ultra-thin design
Each are different so you really have to try each one out for yourself!
We Ship Worldwide!
• All orders are dispatched 1-2 business days from the date of purchase.
• Shipments are from Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays).
• Orders placed on Friday morning or Sat/Sun will be processed on Monday.
• The delivery timeline is provided as reference only.
• Please make sure your shipping information is correct!
• We hold no responsibility for orders that get sent to an incorrect address.
• Orders over $120 - FREE SHIPPING (AusPost Regular allow 3+ business days)
• Orders under $120 - $9.95 (AusPost Regular allow 3+ business days)
• Any order can be shipped for AusPost Express 1-2 business days for $24.95
• Please note any shipping to WA/SA/NT/TAS will take longer
• Orders over $300 AUD - FREE SHIPPING (allow 5+ business days)
• Orders under $300 AUD - $59.95 AUD (allow 5+ business days)
• (USA only) Orders under $300 AUD - $39.95AUD (allow 5+ business days)
• DHL Express International Shipping (allow 3-5 business days)
We advise DHL for customers who need a fast delivery, or
- Live in areas with an unreliable national mail service
- We are able to offer competitive prices.
- Please email email@example.com for an exact quote
- We cannot account for delays caused by customs clearance procedures
- You are responsible for any costs incurred for customs in your home country
This limited production of Brian Keaulana's Signature DaFiN model won't last long!
Who's Brian Keaulana? Brian is a well known Hawaiian surfer, lifeguard, and waterman who has provided invaluable support as a stunt coordinator in dozens of major motion pictures. The blue and green inspired by Mauka to Makai (Hawaiian for from mountain to toward water).
"The perfect balance of power, performance and comfort."
DaFiN is the ultimate water-persons fin providing the perfect balance of power, performance and comfort. Perfect for bodysurfing, bodyboarding and any professional water activity where you need the best equipment available.
• High performance fin
• Lightweight and less tiring
• Extremely comfortable foot pocket - say goodbye to foot chafe!
• Wear on either foot
• They float so you wont lose them
DaFiN was developed in Hawaii by Andy Cochran, one of Australia’s early surfing pioneers, with input from world renowned watermen Mark Cunningham and Brian Keaulana. DaFiN was granted a U.S. Patent for its original and revolutionary design. DaFiN combines unparalleled comfort with exacting construction to create a swim fin that performs under the most extreme conditions.
The side rails "strakes" on DaFiN are rock solid but run only about half way down the length of the fin where they angle back to the blade. This forces the fin to flex right at this critical point. The raised v-shaped foot pocket combined with a stiff blade working together at the point of flex creates maximum acceleration of the water flowing over the fin surface resulting in more thrust per kick with less effort. For such a powerful fin, it is unusually light in weight. DaFiN floats in the ocean and there is no right or left foot difference so DaFiN can be worn on either foot.
DaFiN is the #1 choice of lifeguards, bodysurfers, and top water-persons around the world and is standard issue equipment for more than 60 municipal lifeguard and surf rescue agencies in the USA.
Note: New fins will often have an oily coating due to the manufacturing process. This will come off in the first few uses.
"DaFiN is the only swim fin I use both professionally and for recreation. Power and comfort are the two utmost things I need in a pair of fins. DaFiN delivers on both and more."
— Mark Cunningham
World Champion Bodysurfer, 30-year Hawaii veteran lifeguard on Oahu North Shore
"I like to put myself and camera in the heaviest and scariest conditions in the ocean, I know I can trust my Da Fins to get me in and out of these situations safely, as well as allow me to have the maneuverability to move in out and not get sucked over while shooting out there. The blade of Da Fin has just the right amount of stiffness to maximise the thrust with each kick of the foot. I wouldn’t trust any other fin to get me out into the zone at 12 foot Pipeline and in safely again."
— Zak Noyle
Professional Surf Photographer, Senior Staff Photographer for SURFER magazine